Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sonogram Day!!

Oh what a happy happy day it was! We were all so excited to learn more about you and give you your name! Your big sister Abigail was beyond words excited, and I was still a bit nervous about dealing with some disappointment if we learned the baby in Mommy's tummy was a boy. The night before, I went out and bought two tiny baby dolls... one was a boy, and one was a girl. I also bought a little purse for the baby to fit in and placed stickers on a name card for both names we had picked out. (In case you were wondering, if you were a boy you would be Danny Philip!)

I did all of this to have a little surprise for Abigail to help keep her excited if she was upset about not getting a sister....in the end none of it was really necessary, but fun nonetheless!

Daddy met us at the doctor's office and he was running a little late! I was already on the table in the sonogram room when he arrived. The technician asked Abigail if she thought I was having a boy or a girl. She of course shouted out "Girl! Girl!" which had me again concerned.... but then we hear the wonderful words from the tech's mouth... "Well, you're right! It's a baby girl!" Abigail immediately jumped up from her seat and ran around the room excitedly jumping up and down! She was laughing and so happy, and Mommy and Daddy were too. When Abigail sat down again she let out a big sigh and said "Whew... I was soooo worried." We all laughed and laughed at that. I'll never forget how happy all three of us were! Our Sarah Jo! She was with us! She is coming!! Our long awaited Sarah Jo...

Back in the waiting room I gave Abigail her baby Sarah Jo doll and purse. She was, and continues to be, so very very excited about her baby sister.


My sweet Sarah Jo, you are already so special in all of our eyes. We talk about you constantly and pray for you daily. I simply can't wait to see your precious face in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment